Last Updated: September, 17th, 2020
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, interact with a message board, request customer support, use our platform or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your Personal Information and any other information you choose to provide. We or a designated third party may collect payment and credit card information when you subscribe to our paid Services or purchase additional services.
When we say “Personal Information” we mean any information that identifies an individual, such as (but not limited to) an individual’s name, email address, postal address, device-specific information and log information (as described below). Any information that does not, on its own, identify an individual person is considered and treated as non-personal information. When non-personal information is combined with other information so that it does or can be used to identify an individual, this information is treated as Personal Information.
Information About Your Use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the ways in which you use our platform, the way you respond to us when we send you emails or communications or your preferences when you interact with our Services.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, submitted queries, pages viewed, your IP address, your general location and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Integrations with Other Services
You may have the option of integrating our Services with other services, technologies or platforms on your desktop, permitted websites and/or your mobile phone. For example, we may offer you widgets that you integrate in your own applications. These integrations may require you to input Personal Information or access or use Personal Information. These integrations may (i) check for updates automatically and transmit your information to their server and/or engine; (ii) send information entered into or accessed by the technology to its server and/or engine and (iii) be visible to the public if embedded on publicly available webpages (such as social networking webpages), depending on the policies of that website.
Connecting Your Office 365 Account
Should you choose to connect your Office 365 account to our platform, you will be using a set of features built using Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AAD). By signing up or using the AAD application, you understand and agree that Microsoft and its affiliates who provide AAD will have access to your information and will be permitted to use that information for specific, limited purposes to provide the Services to you, in accordance with our agreement with Microsoft. This integration is a completely optional service and is not required to use our platform.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain and improve our Services, such as to administer your account and to provide you with insights to help you optimize your use of our platform.
We may also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, customize and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you transaction-related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Alexandria.Works and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Alexandria.Works and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you when your information was collected.
Sharing of Information
We often need to engage third-party companies and individuals (such as payment processors, research companies and analytics and security providers) to help us operate and provide the Services. These third parties have only limited access to your information, may use your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to us not to disclose or use your information for other purposes.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Alexandria.Works or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Alexandria.Works and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Retaining Your Information
Transfer of Information to the EU
In order to provide you with the Services you subscribe to or that you request from us, your Personal Information will be transferred to the Europe Community as that is where Alexandria.Works is based. In some cases, When your Personal Information is transferred to the EU, you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
In connection with Alexandria.Works’s processing of Personal Information it receives from the European Union (“EU”) or Switzerland, we comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (together “Privacy Shield”) with respect to Personal Information we process from the EU or Switzerland and transfer to the United States. For more information about the Privacy Shield, and to view our certification, please visit the Privacy Shield website. We remain responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield for any Personal Information that we share with third parties for external processing on our behalf, as described in the “Sharing of Information” section above, unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. If you have an inquiry regarding our adherence to the Privacy Shield, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. You may also refer your complaint free-of-charge to JAMS using this link: https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield, our designated Privacy Shield dispute resolution provider. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints (see Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles for more details).
Residents of the European Economic Area and Switzerland
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your Personal Information.
Lawful Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, we primarily rely on the following bases to process your Personal Information lawfully.
- First, it is necessary for us to process your Personal Information in certain ways in order to provide the Services to you, in accordance with a contract between you and us, namely, our Terms of Service.
- Second, where you have given us valid consent to use your Personal Information in certain ways, we will rely on your consent. This includes situations where we will obtain your consent prior to sending you information about our products and Services.
- Third, in certain cases we may process your Personal Information where necessary to further Alexandria.Works’s legitimate interests, where those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests. This includes usage statistics, analytics and internal analysis we run to better understand how to use our platform so that we can improve our Services and also provide you with better recommendations on how to get the most out of our platform and to accomplish your goals.
- Fourth, in some cases we may process your Personal Information where necessary to satisfy our legal obligations. This includes records containing your Personal Information that we may be required to retain for a period of time or may be required to disclose to a government authority or third party.
Data Subject Rights Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you have the right to request access to Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing activities.
If you submitted Personal Information directly to us or in accordance with the provision of our Services and you would like to view, change, limit or delete your Personal Information, you can do so via your account settings or by contacting us. Upon request, we will notify you about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. By visiting your account settings, you can access, correct, change and delete certain of your Personal Information associated with your account. In certain cases where we process your information, you may also have a right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your Personal Information. In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, to request the deletion of your Personal Information and to obtain a copy of your Personal Information in machine-readable format.
If you need assistance accessing or modifying your Personal Information or wish to delete your Personal Information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information where we process it based on your consent.. You can do this at any time by opting out of commercial emails we send you by clicking on the unsubscribe links in those emails, or emailing us with your request at info.Alexandria.Works.com, or by simply cancelling your account through your account settings and then emailing email@example.com to request that your Personal Information be deleted.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of your Personal Information that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to cancel or temporarily pause your account, please email us at email@example.com and let us know what you are requesting, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Alexandria.Works by following the instructions in those emails or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
For Alexandria.Works clients or users in the EEA, the data controller for purposes of processing your personal data is Alexandria.Works BV.